Each week, we will look to answer some of your most popular questions. If you have an eye-health or ophthalmology-related question you wish to have answered, please comment below and we’ll hope to have your response within future weeks.
Today, we have an cataracts question for you.
Q: What are some of the first signs of cataracts?
A: In honor of Cataracts Awareness Month, we wanted to share some of the first signs of developing cataracts. They include:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision.
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night.
- Sensitivity to light and glare.
- Seeing “halos” around lights.
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription.
- Fading or yellowing of colors.
- Double vision in a single eye.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please contact your ophthalmologist to make an appointment.