The holiday season is upon us and with that comes a lot of traveling. Traveling to visit family or friends or even taking a vacation away, we would like to share some travel eye care tips with you.
- If you wear glasses, bring a second pair along in case you lose or damage your glasses while away.
- Bring sunglasses with you regardless of where you are going. UV rays are found at the beach, in the mountains, and at grandma’s house!
- Pack eye drops for dry eyes and/or for allergies.
- Pack sanitizer wipes to wipe hands to prevent infections or irritations of the eyes.
- If you wear contacts, bring extra pairs with you and a back-up pair of glasses. If you will be on a long flight, take your contacts out and use your glasses. Airline air is very dry and can be irritating with your contacts in.
- Have a copy of your prescription available just in case you need a new pair of glasses or contacts while you are away.
- If you plan on swimming, pack some goggles especially if you wear contacts. Goggles also protect your eyes from the chlorine used in pools and bacteria that can be present in natural swimming environments.
- Have fun!
We would like to take this moment to wish everyone a Happy, Healthy, & Safe Holiday season! If you have any concerns or would like to schedule an appointment, please call at 609.652.1010