Hey there Wise Family Eye Fans! We know these days it’s nearly impossible to not work on a computer for at least some part of your week. Many of you, we also know, spend hours upon hours typing and clicking away on a computer as a part of your jobs.
Therefore, our Wise Family Eye team thought we would put together some simple tips to help you ease the strain and preserve your eye health a bit long, despite the hours starring at screens.
Starring at a computer screen for long, continuous periods of time can cause several health issues, these include:
- Blurred vision
- Issues focusing
- Dry Eye
- Shoulder, neck and back pain.
In order to mitigate these issues, please take the following tips into consideration:
- Make sure any prescription you have for corrective lenses is up-to-date
- Position your computer monitor in such a way so that you are looking slightly down at the screen
- Try to avoid lights or window glare from affecting your screen
- Select a supportive and comfortable chair while using a computer
- Blink more
- Try to practice looking away from the screen for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. Additionally, take a 15-minute break at least every two hours.
No matter how many hours you may be at a computer per week, these tips should make your eyes “happier”and less strained as you go about your day.