In News

Acquired-ptosisHey there all of you Wise Family Eye fans and welcome to this week’s edition of Q&A Monday!

Each week, we will look to answer some of your most popular questions. If you have an eye-health or ophthalmology-related question you wish to have answered, please comment below and we’ll hope to have your response within future weeks.

Today, we have a droopy-eye related question to answer for you all.

Q: Should I see my eye doctor if I have a droopy eyelid (even a mild case)?

A: Eyelid droopiness, clinically known as ptosis, should be evaluated by your eye doctor. While it could just be the result of allergies or mild muscle weakness, it could also be a more serious symptom of thyroid eye disease.

The best thing to do is to be seen right away, in order to focus on the causative issues.



Recent Posts

Leave a Comment